Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This module has made me think about my role as an instructional designer in the following ways... Wow! I have brain fog, so much information in so little time. I guess when I design my lessons I will try not to load on too much at once. We got a lot of neat web sites that I will try to incorporate in my lessons. Thanks for your patience.

8 comments:

  1. I know its tough at first, but the technologies will get easier and your whole group will find its common "groove" soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This module has helped me to think about using standards, CFQ's, or formative assessments in the following ways...It will help me align the objectives and standards to the content and it should focus my teaching and student learning. Assessments will also be more focused on standards and should allow for higher order thinking on the students part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This module has helped me think about the impact of the Internet on my students’ learning in the following ways… This module has helped me better understand how to use google in a much more efficent way. It will save time for me and maybe my students if they already don't know how. I also learned a lot about copyrite laws, I learned that I am doing some things incorrectly, and this will help me to make sure my students use the internet correctly. I also learned how to use word to cite work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you feel has been the most useful thing you will take away from this course?
    I will have a great pbl unit to use with my students. I will take away a huge amount of resources for including technology in my lessons.
    Do you think you will plan units that follow a similar format to this one in the future?
    Yes, I think the pbl is a great tool for lesson planning!
    What features from this type of curriculum design might you use again?
    I would like to use blogs and voice thread allowing students to add their thought process when they create their art.
    Is there anything else you hope to learn from this course before it is completed?
    We have been exposed to so many new great sites, I hope to learn how to confidently use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This module has helped me think about student-centered assessment in the following ways. . .
    That I can have students participate in the creation of their assessments making them accountable for their learning. That there is a variety of ways to assess student learning and that technology can be a useful tool when it comes to assessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you plan on creating assessments that are more student-centered?

    ReplyDelete
  7. In a collaborative approach, students can research an assigned artist on line each choosing a painting they like/dislike as long as every student in the group covers a painting. Members from each team will then be asked to present their understanding of the painting and the artist to the rest of the class, in any creative or traditional way they like, so that the students and teacher can openly assess what was learned. The teacher will use this feedback to determine whether or not the students have studied the artist, synthesized the information, and applied what was learned to make thier presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This module has has reinforced my understanding of the variety of different kinds of learners. As an art teacher I have focused on the idea that students learn in a variety of ways. I believe the art room naturally provides opportuntiy for a variety of learning styles.

    ReplyDelete